Home Addition: 5 Must-Know Steps for a Seamless Project
It’s common for families to outgrow their home. When you live in a nice neighborhood and are in the perfect location, you don’t want to move. Unfortunately, something has to change. Adding onto your house is the perfect solution. You can get what you want and the additional room that you need without moving to a brand new home. Here are five tips to help your home addition project go smoothly:
- Have an Idea of Your Budget – Starting a home addition is not cheap. A lot goes into it and you need to be sure that your finances can handle the cost before starting construction on an addition or remodeling project, which could end up costing much more than expected if something isn’t planned properly in advance.
- Matching Materials – When you are adding on to your home, it’s important that the materials match as closely as possible with what is already there. If an exact perfect match cannot be achieved then try using something similar in texture and color.
- Details are Key – The details of any structure are crucial to its success. The same can be said for a home’s extension, as it needs some key elements from the original building plan in order to blend in well to the rest of your home. However, this is a great time to also incorporate some updates and make your home slightly more modern.
- Don’t Overlook Landscaping – A seamless transition is what you want when adding on a new room. But, the landscaping needs attention too and can help with this process!
- Be Prepared for Chaos – An addition is not as chaotic as a complete remodel, but it is important to be prepared and know that it’s going to be noisy and there will be materials lying around as well as people in and out of your house. This is especially true if you have younger children.
Most of these details can be handled by a skilled, professional and knowledgeable contractor, so you don’t have to worry about handling every aspect of the home addition project all on your own. Just don’t forget that things will be a little messy and crazy at first, but it will all be worth it in the end!
When you choose Anthony John Construction for your home addition and remodeling projects in the Lexington, SC, you will gain access to our expert team of contractors. We value perfection and provide excellent customer service working hand and hand with you through the entire renovation process.